Dr. Anjalika Shekhar is one of the few well-trained vitreoretinal surgeons in Jharkhand who has received her training from one of the most renowned eye institutes of India, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai. She is well versed with updated management protocols for various medical retinal disorders. She has performed a number of vitreoretinal surgeries including tractional retinal detachment. She is proficient in diagnosis and management of common retinal and uveitis conditions such as Diabetic Retinopathy, Central Serous Retinopathy as well as uncommon conditions such as Retinal degenerations, tumors (retinoblastoma) etc. She is known for her good outcomes in all types of cataract cases.
She is a life member of All India Ophthalmological Society and Ophthalmological Society of West Bengal.
- 2007-2013: MBBS from NRS Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
- 2014-2017: MS Ophthalmology from Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Kolkata
- 2017-2018: Worked as Specialist Medical Officer at Walsh Hospital, Serampore,West Bengal
- 2018-2020: Fellowship in Vitreo retina from Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai
- 2020-till date: Phaco and Vitreo retina Consultant, ASG Eye Hospital, Jamshedpur
- Various retinal disorders including
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Retinal detachment
- Complicated cataract cases
- Scleral fixated lens implantation Uveitis