Dr. Chinmoyee Deka Datta is a seasoned Ophthalmologist with professional and administrative experience in the field of eye care treatment, surgeries and hospital administration over a span of 18 years, including collaboration with the National Blindness Control Society of Government of India in various outreach welfare programs.
Dr. Chinmoyee Deka Datta after her MBBS completed MS (Ophthalmology) and thereafter underwent short term fellowship programs at L V Prasad Eye Institute Hyderabad and also at Aravind Eye Institute Madurai. She specializes in phaco-surgeries and has expertise in the medical management of all anterior segment ocular diseases and conditions like glaucoma, chalazion, pterygium, corneal tear repairs, lid cut injuries etc. She has adequate competency to deal with patients from varied and diverse backgrounds.
Consultant Ophthalmologist: ASG Eye Hospital, Guwahati, Assam 1st May 2019 – Present
- Working as a Cataract Surgeon and doing Phacoemulsification surgeries under topical anesthesia
- Dealing with medical managements of Cornea, Glaucoma, Dry Eyes, Retinal diagnostics etc.
- Performing minor surgeries like Chalazion, Pterygium, Corneal Tear repairs, Foreign body removal, Lid injuries, Yag laser.
Consultant Ophthalmologist: Tezpur Eye Hospital, Tezpur, Assam 1st October 2007-15th April 2019
- Proprietor of Tezpur Eye Hospital and Managing Director of Tezpur Eye Care Private Limited
- Medical treatment and surgical management of the patients, administration of day to day operation of the hospital, and undertaking various outreach welfare programs under NBCS initiatives.
- Training and development of new recruits into efficient and skilled ophthalmic technicians in absence of adequate training institutes in the State.
Consultant Ophthalmologist: Faith Hospital, Dimapur, Nagaland 1st August 2003-15th September 2007
- Establishment of the Ophthalmology unit of this multi-disciplinary hospital under very challenging conditions in Dimapur, Nagaland.
- Unique experience of starting an optical business with involvement in every step, starting with purchase, inventory, fittings, quality control and customer feedback.
- Management of a busy OPD single handedly and regular undertaking of surgeries. Only Ophthalmology facility in Nagaland conducting cataract surgery till 2007
- Visiting surgeon from October 2007 till March 2009
- Life member of All India Ophthalmology Society and Ophthalmology Society of Assam.
- Founder member and Chairperson of Assam Eye Care Foundation.