Dr. Deepali Velani has an overall experience of 2 years and is currently working as a Consultant Ophthalmologist (Cataract, Cornea and Refractive Surgery) at ASG Eye Hospital, Kanpur branch.
After finishing MBBS (2006- 2012), she has completed DOMS from RIO, Sitapur (KGMU, Lucknow- August 2013 to October 2015) and DNB Ophthalmology from Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai (March 2016 to March 2018) and Phacoemulsification fellowship from Shri Ganpati Netralaya, Jalna, Maharashtra.
She has also done Fellowship training in Cornea and Refractive Surgery from Dr. Agarwal’s Eye Hospital, Chennai (September 2018 to October 2020) under guidance of Dr. Soosan Jacob and Dr. Amar Agarwal.
She specializes in corneal transplant surgeries and is an expert in performing various refractive surgeries like PRK, LASIK, FEMTO LASIK etc. She has a special interest in managing Keratoconus patients giving them good visual outcomes and visual rehabilitation. She also specializes in performing Phacoemulsification cataract surgery by no injection, no stitch and no patch method.
She is also an esteemed member of various associations like All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS), Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS), Bombay Ophthalmologists’ Association (BOA) and Women Ophthalmologists Society (WOS).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
- 2 year of experience as a Consultant Ophthalmologist post fellowship.
- From March 2021 till today
Consultant Ophthalmologist (Cataract, Cornea and Refractive Surgery) at ASG Eye Hospital, Kanpur Branch.
- April 2018 to September 2018
Consultant Ophthalmologist at Hitwardhak Charitable Hospital, Kandivali, Mumbai.
D.O.M.S (GOLD MEDALIST) – RIO, SITAPUR (KGMU, Lucknow)
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES :
– Visual outcome in eyes with Posterior Capsular Rupture (PCR) during small incision cataract surgery (SICS) done by Trainee Doctors at a tertiary eye care hospital. Presenting author – AIOS 2015. (PHYSICAL POSTER)
– A rare case report of LSCD in a patient with APC gene complex defect- under the guidance of Dr. Dhivya Asok Kumar- published in Uvea column.
– Chapter in Textbook – Traumatic Uveitis and Sympathetic Ophthalmic
1. PHACOEMULSIFICATION CATARACT SURGERY
2. CORNEAL TRANSPLANT SURGERIES
3. REFRACTIVE SURGERY (PRK, LASIK, FEMTO LASIK etc.)
4. KERATOKONUS MANAGEMENT – Corneal Collagen Cross Linking (C3R)
5. PTERYGUIM SURGERY WITH CONJUNCTIVAL AUTOGRAFT
6. CORNEAL ULCER MANAGEMENT
7. CORNEO SCLERAL TEAR REPAIR / MANAGEMENT
8. OCULAR SURFACE PROCEDURES – AMG, SLET, CONJUNCTIVAL HOODING, CORNEAL PATCH GRAFT etc.
9. MEDICAL MANAGEMENT OF GLAUCOMA AND NEURO OPHTHALMOLOGY
She has publications related to her work in Cornea in national and international indexed journals.