Dr. Gayatri Kanungo is an accomplished ophthalmologist with more than 16 years of experience in her field. After completing her MBBS from SCB Medical college, Cuttack, Odisha as the best graduate of her batch and MS from VIMSAR Odisha, she perused IOL microsurgery and Medical Retina Fellowship at JPMREH, Cuttack. She has special interest in ROP and Diabetic eye disease. Dr. Kanungo has performed more than 10,000 phaco surgeries and also has more than 10 years of experience of training post-graduate students in the same while working as a Phaco and Medical Retina consultant in JPMREH, Cuttack. She is also well experienced with managing retinal diseases with intra-vitreal injection and laser procedures.
Apart from her clinical experience she is also involved in many academic exercise and training post-graduate students.
- Association of Type A behavioral pattern and choroidal changes in patients with Central serous chorio retinopathy in a tertiary eye care center in eastern India- As a guide for DNB thesis work.
- Long term result of intravitreal dexamethasone implant for the treatment of diabetic macular edema – As a co-guide for DNB thesis work.
- Clinico pathological profile of retinal vein occlusions at a tertiary eye care center in eastern India –As a co guide for DNB thesis work.
- Study of intravitreal gene therapy for vision restoration in patients with Retinitis Pigmentosa-ongoing
- “Traumatic Cataract and Its Management” – A clinical study Thesis done under guidance of Dr. G.S.DAS, HOD & Associate Prof. Dept. of ophthalmology, VSS MC & Hospital, Burla, Orissa.