Dr Gunja Chowdhury is a highly skilled, patient-focused and result-oriented Ophthalmic professional with 9 years of cumulative experience in Ophthalmology and 4 years in Oculoplasty. She has a sound academic record and ethical background. Along with her MBBS, DO and DNB degrees she also has an FICO and MRCS Ed in Ophthalmology to her credit. She has done her fellowship in Orbit, Oculoplasty and Ocular Oncology from the prestigious Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai.
Her expertise lies in diagnosing and managing lacrimal diseases (watery eyes), lacrimal surgeries (DCR, DCT, Punctal cautery, Probing, etc.), eyelid surgeries, pterygium surgeries, management of thyroid eye disease, trauma around the eyes, infection and inflammation around the eyes, tumors in and around the eyes and injection Botox.
Dr Gunja has presented many papers at national Ophthalmology conferences and also published many papers in national and international journals. She is an esteemed member of various national and international councils such as the All India Ophthalmological Society, Oculoplasty Association of India, International Council of Ophthalmology and Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK among others.
18 years of experience in Medicine
● Management of watery eyes
● Lacrimal surgeries (DCR, DCT, Probing, Canalicular stenting, Punctal cautery)
● Lid surgeries (Ptosis or droopy eyes, Entropion or inturned lid, Ectropion or out-turned lid, Blepharophimosis, Epiblepharon, Trichiasis or misdirected eyelashes)
● Removal of lid masses or tumours
● Reconstruction of lid
● Management of Thyroid eye disease and other inflammatory conditions of the orbit
● Management of orbital infections
● Management of eye cancers (Retinoblastoma, Lymphoma, OSSN, etc)
● Management of injuries to the eyelid and structures around the eyes
● Treatment of anophthalmic socket and Artificial eye fitting
● Pterygium surgeries
● Chalazion surgeries
● Enucleation and Evisceration
● Treatment of lagophthalmos or opened eyes
● Injection Botox for Blepharospasm or Hemifacial spasm
She has presented various papers and posters in national and local Ophthalmology conferences and has already published 4 papers in national as well as international journals.