Dr. Koushik Basu completed his MBBS from a Government Hospital (R.G. Kar Medical College, Kolkata) in 2009. He passed his MD (Ophthalmology) from prestigious R.P. Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi in 2014. He served as a fellow of Cornea and external diseases from Disha Eye Hospital, Kolkata. He was done his DSEK skill transfer course by Sight Life in 2015. From 2010 to 2014, he actively participates with teaching profession in College of AIIMS, New Delhi. He has research thesis on
- “Anatomical and functional outcomes of posterior segment ocular trauma requiring vitreoretinal surgery” in RC Ophth Annul Congress, 2014.
- “Visual and Anatomical results of relaxing retinotomy in complex rhegmatogenous retinal detachment case” in Cophy, 2014 Lisbon, Portugal.
• “Long term results of DALK vs penetrating Keratoplasty in Keratoconus: Contralateral Eye Study” in AIOS, Kolkata, 2016
- Published “Traids in Ophthalmology: A comprehensive review in Semin Ophthalmol” 2015.
He is a competent, very skilful Surgeon of various department of Ophthalmology with a very sound clinical knowledge.
- Cataract (Phaco, SICS)
- Refractive Surgeries (LASIK, PRK, ICL)
- Cornea (Repair, Optical PK, DALK, DSAEK)
- Glaucoma (Trabeculotomy, Trabeculotomy with Ologen , valve Surgery)
- Medical Retina (Laser, Injections)
- Oculoplasty (Ptosis, DCR, DCT)
Dr. Koushik Basu is a seasoned Ophthalmologist with nearly 7 years of experience.