Dr. Koushik Tripathy is currently working as Consultant-in-Charge at the ASG Eye Hospital, BT Road, Kolkata, India. He is the Secretary (Academic Cell) of the same organization. He has completed his Senior Residency (clinical fellowship) in Vitreoretinal and Uvea from Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India. He has done MBBS from the Medical College, Kolkata. He passed MD (Ophthalmology) from AIIMS, the Apex Institute of Ophthalmology in India. He passed the Diplomate of National Board (DNB, Ophthalmology) examination in December 2013. He is a Fellow of the International Council of Ophthalmology (FICO), London. He was awarded Fellow All India Collegium of Ophthalmology (FAICO) in Uvea and Retina-Vitreous in 2014. Dr. Koushik has been awarded the prestigious MNAMS degree (Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences). He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Ophthalmology), Glasgow, United Kingdom. He has passed the subspecialty exam of the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) in Medical and Surgical Retina, and Uveitis in 2018. Besides clinics, he is interested in academics and research. He is an Associate Professor at the Muthusamy Virtual University of Post Graduate Ophthalmology. He has authored multiple peer-reviewed articles in both national and international journals. He is the Associate Editor (Ophthalmology) of Clinical Case Reports, a journal published by Wiley. He is an active contributor to Wikipedia and Eyewiki and he has won the ‘International Ophthalmologist Contest’ of Eyewiki in 2017 and 2020. He has won multiple state-level and national Ophthalmic quizzes. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the Ophthalmology Section at Statpearls Publishing, Florida, which publishes PubMed indexed review articles.
- 2018-Present : Consultant, Vitreoretinal and Uvea, ASG Eye Hospital, BT Road, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- 2019 – till date : Editor-in-Chief, Ophthalmology section, Stat pearls Publishing, Florida, USA
- 2018 -till date : Associate Editor (Ophthalmology) of Clinical Case reports, Wiley publishers.
- 2018 – till date : Associate Professor at the Muthusamy Virtual University of Post Graduate Ophthalmology
- 2017 – 2018 : Consultant (Vitreoretina and Uvea), ICARE Eye Hospital and Post Graduate Institute, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- 2016 – 2017 : Associate Consultant (Vitreoretina and Uvea), Centre for Sight, New Delhi, India.
• Medical management of diabetic retinopathy, retinal venous occlusion, choroidal neovascular membrane, and other diseases with various management options including laser and intravitreal injections
• Surgical management of retinal disorders including complex retinal detachment, vitreous hemorrhage, tractional retinal detachment, and nuclear drop
• Diagnosis and management of diseases of the retina and vitreous especially rare genetic diseases including retinitis pigmentosa, gyrate atrophy of the choroid and retina
• Diagnosis and management of ocular inflammation including uveitis, scleritis, chorioretinitis