Dr. Smruti Savale is an experienced anterior segment surgeon specialised in Cataract, Cornea and Refractive surgery. Having done her M.S. Ophthalmology from Regional institute of Ophthalmology Kolkata, where she was declared as the best outgoing PG trainee of her batch, she is competent in topical phacoemulsification cataract surgery including all types of difficult cases.
She pursued her training in Cornea and External eye diseases from the prestigious Narayana Nethralaya Bangalore & is experienced in corneal transplants (PKP/DALK/DSEK), handling corneal infections, ocular trauma, pterygium surgery, dry eyes, keratoconus & corneal collagen cross linking.
Similarly she is well versed in refractive surgery having performed numerous Femtosecond and microkeratome LASIK, PRK, SMILE and phakic IOL surgeries. She’s a member of the All India Ophthalmological Society & the Cornea Society of India.
• MBBS – Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai (2005-2011)
• Resident in Ophthalmology – RIO Kolkata (2012-2015)
• Fellow in Cornea – Narayana Nethralaya Bangalore (2015-2016)
• Cataract, Refractive, Cornea Consultant – Vasan Eye Care, Madurai (2017-2021)
• Cataract, Refractive and Cornea Consultant – ASG eye hospital, Jamshedpur (2021 to present)
• Cataract surgery including topical Phacoemulsification surgery with good experience with all IOLs
• Corneal transplants, handling ocular trauma, pterygium surgery, dry eyes, keratoconus, corneal collagen cross linking
• Refractive Surgery including LASIK, PRK, phakic IOLs
She has publications related to her work in Cornea in national and international indexed journals.