MBBS, MS (PGI Chandigarh)
PHACO, REFRACTIVE, CORNEA, & GLAUCOMA
Dr. Sandeep Choudhary is a consultant ophthalmologist who has worked in premium institutions. He completed his MS Ophthalmology from PGIMER Chandigarh and continued at PGIMER Chandigarh and AIIMS Jodhpur as a Senior Resident. He has experience in phacoemulsification, minimally invasive glaucoma surgeries, trabeculectomy, implantation of glaucoma drainage devices, corneal transplants & refractive surgeries including LASIK (Q-LASIK, Contoura etc.) and ICL. Dr. Choudhary has attended many local, national & international conferences. He has won several awards including best research paper presentation at IPGS 2022, and UKPGS 2022. He is a member of AIOS, Cornea Society of India, Glaucoma Society of India, YOSI, COS and NZOS.
1. ‘Trainee Presentation prize’ winner at United Kingdom Pediatric Glaucoma Society (UKPGS) Meeting held 5th February 2022. Presentation: Newborn glaucoma: A neglected manifestation of congenital rubella syndrome.
2. ‘Best research paper presentation’ at Indian Paediatric Glaucoma Society meeting held on 26th-27th March 2022. Presentation: Newborn glaucoma: A neglected manifestation of congenital rubella syndrome.
3. ‘Best surgical video: Glaucoma’ at AEC Cinefest 2021. Video: Limited posterior bleb revision in failed trabeculectomy.
1. Choudhary S, Gupta G, Saini M. Perforating injury of the cornea by bee sting. Indian J Ophthalmol Case Rep 2021; 1:446.
2. Choudhary S, Katoch D, Kaushik S. Pupillary block after lens-sparing vitrectomy for Retinopathy of Prematurity. Ophthalmology Retina 2021;5(9):934.
3. Choudhary S, Akella M, Kaushik S. Peaked pupil and a Bumpy Iris: Don’t stop looking. Ophthalmology glaucoma. 2021;4(5):453.
4. Choudhary S, Meena S, Gogia S. Smoke ring aggregates in anterior chamber. Indian J Ophthalmol Case Rep 2021; 1:861.
5. Choudhary S, Goyal N, Gupta V. Bilateral central serous chorioretinopathy post steroid therapy for facial nerve palsy in a 58-year-old female. Neurology India 2021;69(6):1888-1889.
6. Morya AK, Gowdar J, Kaushal A, Makwaan N, Biswas S, Raj P, Hegde S, Velis G, Padua W, Nazm N, Jeganathan S, Choudhary S, Parashar N, Sharma B, Raghav P. Evaluating the viability of a smartphone-based annotation tool for faster and accurate image labelling for artificial intelligence in diabetic retinopathy. Clinical Ophthalmol 2021; 15:1023-1039.
7. Kaushik S, Choudhary S, Kaur A, Srivastava P, Pakharel B, Akella M, Pandav SS. Neonatal-onset Congenital Ectropion Uveae may be caused by a distinct CYP1B1 pathological variant. American J Ophthalmol. 2022 Jan 24;239:54-65.
8. Kaushik S, Choudhary S, Dhingra D, Singh MP, Gupta G, Arora A, Thattaruthody F, Pandav SS. Newborn Glaucoma: A neglected manifestation of congenital rubella syndrome. 2021. Ophthalmol Glaucoma. 2021 Dec 24;S2589-4196(21)00282-9.
9. Choudhary S, Kaur M, Pandav S, Kaushik S. Post-trabeculectomy early bleb localization mimicking a ‘ring of steel’. J Postgrad Med. 2022;68(2):100-101.
10. Kaushik S, Choudhary S, Singh AK. Letter to the editor: Trabeculotomy versus combined trabeculotomy-trabeculectomy for management of Primary Congenital Glaucoma. J Glaucoma. 2022;31(5):e15-e17.
11. Kaushik S, Dubey S, Choudhary S, Ratna R, Pandav S, Khan AO. Anterior Segment Dysgenesis: Insights into the genetics and pathogenesis. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2022;70(7):2293-2303.
12. Choudhary S, Katoch D, Pandav S, Kaushik S. Lunar lenses- Acquired lens colobomas. J Postgrad Med. 2023 Jan-Mar;69(1):41-42.
13. Choudhary S, Singh AK, Gupta K, Pandav SS, Kaushik S. Topical steroid-induced Cushing’s syndrome in a newborn following goniotomy for glaucoma. J Glaucoma. 2023 Jan 1;32(1):65-67.
14. Kaushik S, Snehi S, Kaur S, Kaur A, Choudhary S, Thattaruthody F, Pandav SS. Primary Aphakia: Clinical recognition is the key to diagnosis. JAAPOS. 2022 Dec;26(6):298.e1-298.e5.