About DR. HIMANSHU SHEKHAR
Dr. Himanshu Shekhar is an accomplished ophthalmologist with more than 14 years of experience in the field of ophthalmology. After completing his MBBS from Kolkata, he joined prestigious AIIMS, New Delhi for pursuing his MD degree He was adjudged the best outgoing senior resident in the year 2013 and was awarded by His Holiness Dalai Lama.
Dr. Himanshu Shekhar specializes in Cornea, Phaco and Refractive surgery with a keen interest in Corneal surgery and laser refractive correction. He has an experience of doing more than 35000+phacoemulsification, 3000+LASIK ICL (Refractive surgery), 300+ corneal transplantation surgeries. He has contributed several chapters in different books on ophthalmology and has published multiple research papers in international peer reviewed PubMed indexed journals. He has been an active member of various national and international ophthalmological societies.
- Phacoemulsification with coexisting corneal opacities. Sharma N, Singhal D, Maharana PK, Dhiman R, Shekhar H, Titiyal JS, Agarwal T. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2019 Jan:45(1):94-100. doi: 10.1016/j.jcrs.2018.09.015. Epub 2018 Nov 30.
- Long-term Outcomes of Fibrin Glue-Assisted Intrascleral Haptic Fixation of Posterior Chamber Intraocular Lenses in Children. Sinha R, Asif MI, Kalra N, Bansal M, Chauhan D, Shekhar H, Sharma N, Titiyal JS. Eye Contact Lens. 2022 Jan 1:48(1):33-37.
- Endogenous endophthalmitis by Chrysosporium: an opportunistic pathogen. Shekhar H, Gogia V, Vashisht N, Gupta S, Kakkar A, Venkatesh P. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2014 Apr:22(2):158-60.
- Demographic profile, clinical features and outcome of peripheral ulcerative keratitis: a prospective study. Sharma N, Sinha G, Shekhar H. Titiyal JS. Agarwal T. Chawla B. Tandon R, Vajpayee RB. Br J Ophthalmol. 2015 Nov:99(11):1503-8.
- Demographic and clinical profile of ocular chemical injuries in the pediatric age group. Vajpayee RB, Shekhar H, Sharma N, Jhanji V. Ophthalmology. 2014 Jan; 121(1):377-380.
- Haptic placement of posterior chamber intraocular lens in fibrin glue-assisted intrascleral fixation. Sinha R, Shekhar H, Gantyala SP, Titiyal JS. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2013 Nov;39(11):1779-80.
- Results of cataract surgery and plasma ablation posterior capsulotomy in anterior persistent hyperplastic primary vitreous. Sinha R, Bali SJ, Kumar C, Shekhar H, Sharma N, Titiyal JS, Vajpayce RB. Middle East Afr J Ophthalmol. 2013 Jul-Sep;20(3):217-20.
- Intrascleral fibrin glue intraocular lens fixation combined with Descemet-stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty or penetrating keratoplasty. Sinha R, Shekhar H, Sharma N, Tandon R, Titiyal JS, Vajpayee RB. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2012 Jul;38(7):1240-5.
- Late post-traumatic flap dislocation and macrostriae after laser in situ keratomileusis. Sinha R, Shekhar H, Tinwala S, Gangar A, Titiyal JS. Oman J Ophthalmol. 2014 Jan; 7(1):25-7.
- Sutureless clear corneal DSAEK with a modified approach for preventing pupillary block and graft dislocation: case series with retrospective comparative analysis. Titiyal JS, Tinwala SI, Shekhar H, Sinha R. Int Ophthalm+ol. 2015 Apr;35(2):233-40.