About DR. NITESH SALUNKHE
Dr. Nitesh Salunkhe is a seasoned ophthalmologist with more than 10 years of working experience in ophthalmology. He has completed his MBBS from MUHS Nasik before joining the prestigious AIIMS, NEW DELHI for pursuing his M.D ophthalmology.
Dr. Nitesh specializes in vitro retina with a keen interest in Diabetic eye diseases, Uveitis and ROP. He has exhaustive experience of examining almost 10000+ retina patients. He has performed more than 3000+ diabetic vitrectomy surgeries, along with complex retinal detachment surgeries.
He has experience in managing diabetic retinopathies which includes administration of more than 15000+ intravitreal injections, and 5000+ retinal laser procedures.
Dr. Nitesh has also performed 3000+ cataract (phacoemulsification) surgeries. Apart from the clinical experience he is also involved in many academic exercises which are evident from his list of publications.
- Pediatric idiopathic macular hole – a case report and review of literature.shaikh n, et al. among authors: salunkhe n. indian j ophthalmol. 2020. pmid: 31856539 free pmc article. review.
- Retinopathy of prematurity in oculocutaneous albinism.chandra p, et al. among authors: salunkhe n. indian j ophthalmol. 2019. pmid: 31124532 free pmc article.
- Swept-source oct analysis of the margin of choroidal coloboma: new insights.jain s, et al. among authors: salunkhe n. ophthalmol retina. 2020. pmid: 31678052
- Short-term incidence and management of glaucoma after successful surgery for stage 4 retinopathy of prematurity.chandra p, et al. among authors: salunkhe n. indian j ophthalmol. 2019. pmid: 31124515 free pmc article.
- Posteriorly dislocated capsular tension ring leading to hematogenous retinal detachment.mutha v, et al. among authors: salunkhe n. bmj case rep. 2017.
- Dissociated optic nerve fiber layer after nd:yag laser membranotomy for paramacular hemorrhage.kumar v, et al. among authors: salunkhe n. can j ophthalmol. 2016.
- Giant retinal tear with retinal detachment in regressed aggressive posterior retinopathy of prematurity treated by laser.chandra p, et al. among authors: salunkhe n. j pediatr ophthalmol strabismus. 2017.
- Ciliary body metastasis in a patient with non-small cell lung carcinoma–incidental detection with 18f-fdg pet/ct.karunanithi s, et al. among authors: salunkhe nr. nucl med rev cent east eur. 2014.