MBBS, MD (AIIMS, NEW DELHI) & DNB
PHACO, CORNEA,SQUINT, REFRACTIVE & PEDIATRIC OPTHALMOLOGY (Q-Lasik,ICL & BIOPTICS)
Dr. Rohit Agarwal is a very experienced ophthalmologist practicing in Kolkata. He has an exceptional academic record and is an astute clinician in treating various eye conditions and diseases. He is a reputed surgeon and has performed thousands of ocular surgeries over the years.
His expertise lies in the field of Cataract and Refractive Surgeries. He has performed over 50000 PHACO cataract surgeries with latest minimally invasive technique (MICS) under topical (drop) Anesthesia. He has implanted many premium iols (Toric and Multifocal) in his patients demanding spectacle freedom.
He is also an experienced LASIK surgeon who has performed over 10000 Contoura vision and ICL surgeries.
Dr. Agarwal manages medical Retina and treats common retinal diseases like Diabetic Retinopathy, Age Related macular degenerations, Ocular stroke with intravitreal injections and retinal lasers.
Squint, Pediatric ophthalmology, Neuro-ophthalmology, Ocular Oncology are other branches in which he treats patients routinely referred to him for his expert opinion from all over the country.
Dr. Agarwal has presented several papers in national and international conferences. He is a member of many prestigious eye association such as All India Ophthalmology Society (AIOS), Delhi Ophthalmology Society (DOS), Ophthalmology Society of West Bengal (OSWB) etc.
• 2022 (September) to present- Consultant and Medical Director ASG Eye Hospital, Tollygunge, Kolkata
• 2017-2022 (August) - Consultant ASG Eye Hospital, Sreebhumi, Kolkata
• 2017- DNB (Ophthalmology), New Delhi
• 2015-2017- Senior Resident All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
• 2012-2015- MD (Ophthalmology) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
• 2005-2011- M.B.B.S , R.G Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
• Cataract (Phacoemulsification technique)
• Refractive surgeries (LASIK, PRK, ICL)
• Cornea Transplantation (Optical PK, DALK, DSAEK)
• Pediatric Ophthalmology (Pediatric cataracts, Squint)
• Strabismus (Adult Squint, Nystagmus and Diplopia surgeries)
• Medical Retina (Lasers and Injections)
• Ocular Oncology
Publications & Presentation:
• Numerous publications printed in indexed and peer-reviewed ophthalmology journals
• Presented in various national and international ophthalmology conferences over the years.