MBBS, MD (AIIMS, New Delhi) Ex- Senior Resident (AIIMS, New Delhi)
PHACO, PAEDIATRIC OPHTHALMOLOGY, REFRACTIVE & RETINA SURGEON
Dr. Saumya is a dynamic ophthalmologist currently working as a consultant at ASG Eye Hospitals. She has done her MBBS from MGM medical college, Jamshedpur in 2016 and joined Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi in 2017 where she completed her MD as well as Senior Residency in ophthalmology. She has done numerous cataract surgeries (both adult and paediatric), retinal surgeries and refractive surgeries. she specialises in Phacoemulsification, Refractive and Paediatric Ophthalmology. She is also well versed in diseases of retina and uvea.
She has presented in multiple national and international conferences. She won the Best poster podium presentation award in AIOC,2021 for Refractive Surgery and “Best of the Best” poster podium presentation award in AIOC, 2021.
She is a lifetime member of AIOS.
Present: consultant at ASG Eye hospitals
2020 to 2022: Senior Residency at Dr RP Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi
2017 to 2020: MD at Dr. RP Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Paediatric Cataract Surgery
- Refractive Surgery (Femtosecond LASIK, PRK, SMILE, ICL)
- Complicated cataract surgery (uveitic cataract, subluxated lens)
- Pars Plana Vitrectomy
- Scleral buckling
- Retinal Lasers
- Mukhija R, Lomi N, Kumar S, Sen S. Retinoblastoma in an adult: a diagnostic dilemma. BMJ Case Rep. 2019 Oct 13;12(10):e230537. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2019-230537. PMID: 31611224; PMCID: PMC6803092.
- Kumar S, Gupta N, Velpandian T, Gupta V, Vanathi M, Vashist P, Gowtham L, Saxena R, Tandon R. Myopia, Melatonin and Conjunctival Ultraviolet Autofluorescence: A Comparative Cross-sectional Study in Indian Myopes. Curr Eye Res. 2021 Oct;46(10):1474-1481. doi: 10.1080/02713683.2021.1894580. Epub 2021 Mar 9. PMID: 33646852.
- Khokhar S, Kumar S, Mohapatra A. Symmetrical flap technique for anterior capsulorhexis. BMJ Case Rep. 2021 Mar 30;14(3):e242758. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2021-242758. PMID: 33785607; PMCID: PMC8011706.
- Khokhar S, Kumar S, Rani D, Majumdar A. Technique of re-enclavation of post-traumatic disenclaved haptic of posterior iris claw lens in a vitrectomised eye. BMJ Case Rep. 2021 Sep 21;14(9):e245570. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2021-245570. PMID: 34548303; PMCID: PMC8458330
- Banerjee M, Nayak S, Kumar S, Bhayana AA, Kumar V. Adult-onset Coats disease. Surv Ophthalmol. 2023 Jul-Aug;68(4):591-600. doi: 10.1016/j.survophthal.2023.03.002. Epub 2023 Mar 17. PMID: 36933772.
- Khokhar S, Kumar S, Maddu SV, Rani D. Bilateral congenital cataract in a child with fetal valproate syndrome. Indian J Ophthalmol Case Rep 2023;3:319-21