About DR. MANAS NATH
Dr. Manas Nath is working in ASG Eye Hospital as a Cataract (Phaco Technique), Refractive surgery, and Glaucoma specialist. He has an experience of more than 17 years in the field of Ophthalmology and has performed 25000+ surgeries. He is proficient in state–of–the–art surgical management of all types of cataracts such as age-related cataracts, traumatic subluxated cataracts, complicated cataracts, etc. He has done an Anterior Segment and IOL fellowship (AEH, Pondicherry) in 2008 and was the former Chief of Cataract Services in Aravind Eye Hospital, Pondicherry.
- Surgical management of all types of cataracts such as age-related cataracts, traumatic subluxated cataracts, complicated cataracts etc.
- Surgical management of refractive disorders (LASIK and Phakic IOLs).
- Medical and surgical management of Glaucoma.
- Goat’s eye integrated with a human cataractous lens: A training model for phacoemulsification: Indian Journal of Ophthalmology 2015, Vol. 63, N0.3, Sabyasachi Sengupta, Praveen Dhanapal, Manas Nath, Aravind Haripriya, Rengaraj Venkatesh
- Intraocular Pressure Reduction after Phacoemulsification versus Manual Small-Incision Cataract Surgery: Ophthalmology 2016, Vol. 123, Issue 8, p1695–1703; Sabyasachi Sengupta, Rengaraj Venkatesh, Palaniswamy Krishnamurthy, Manas Nath, Abha Mashruwala, Pradeep Y. Ramulu, Alan L. Robin, Paul Lee
- C-Rhexis” the surgical grail in intumescent mature cataract: Indian Journal of Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, January-March,2016;2(1): 38-41;
Sahil Bhandari, Manas Nath, Prasanth Gireesh
- Anterior stromal puncture with staining: A modified technique for preoperative reference corneal marking for toric lenses and its retrospective analyses: Indian Journal of Ophthalmology 2016 August, Vol. 64 No. 8; Sahil Bhandari, Manas Nath
- Association of Pseudo exfoliation With Systemic Vascular Diseases in a South Indian Population: JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135(4):348-354; Ashok Vardhan S; Aravind Haripriya; Banushree Ratukondla; Pradeep Ramulu; Chandrasekaran Shivakumar; Manas Nath; Prabhu Vijayaraghavan; Alan L. Robin
- Learning Curve of Femtosecond laser assisted cataract surgery – Experience from surgeons new to femtosecond laser platform: Indian Journal of Ophthalmology 2017 August, Vol. 65 No. 8: 683-89; J Christy, Manas Nath, Fredrick M, R Venkatesh
- Retrospective Multifactorial Analysis of Final Visual Outcome in Traumatic Cataract: Study from Tertiary Eye Care Hospital: Indian Journal of Applied Research 2017; Aug; 7(8): 316-18. Sahil Bhandari, Manas Nath, Kirandeep Kaur, Bharat Gurnani.
- Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery: My Techniques: Book Chapter in Master’s Guide to MSICS, Jun-2018; Manas Nath, Ashish K
- Manual Small-Incision Cataract Surgery: Techniques: Book Chapter in Gems in Ophthalmology-Cataract Surgery, August 2018; Manas Nath, Ashish k, Rengaraj Venkatesh
- Can pre-operative anterior segment optical coherence tomography predict posterior capsule rupture during phacoemulsification in patients with posterior polar cataract? – A prospective study: Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery; December 2018 Volume 44, Issue 12, Pages 1441–1445 Gurudatha Pavan Kumar, Palaniswamy K, Manas Nath, Prabu Baskaran, Muralikrishnan Janani, Rengaraj Venkatesh
- Challenges during femtosecond laser assisted cataract surgery with posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens: Indian J Ophthalmol 2019;67:1744-6; Manas Nath, Girish P.
- Femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery in Alport’s syndrome – A case report. Indian J Ophthalmol 2019;67: 1891-3; Manas Nath, Girish P.
- Intraoperative ciliary body inflammation as a masquerade for postoperative wound leak following manual small incision cataract surgery. TNOA J Ophthalmic Sci Res 2019; Bharat Gurnani, Kirandeep Kaur, Manas Nath, Prasanth Gireesh
- Foldable Intraocular Lens in Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery-Letter to editor: Journal of Ophthalmological Society of Assam V3, I1, November 2019. Manas Nath, Pathak M, Annamalai O.
- Intraocular lens-sling technique: A safe approach for lens implantation in complicated cataract surgery and secondary intraocular lens implantation. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020 Apr; 68(4):632-635. Doi: 10.4103/ijo.IJO_1112_19. Manas Nath, Khodifad AM, Odayappan A, Christy JS, Manoharan S.
- Commentary: Pearls in posterior polar cataract. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2020 Apr; 68(4):595-596. Doi: 10.4103/ijo.IJO_2049_19. Manas Nath, Odayappan A.
- Predicting zonular strength based on maximum pupillary mydriasis in patients with pseudo exfoliation syndrome. Med Hypotheses. 2021 Jan;146: 110402. Doi: 10.1016/j.mehy.2020.110402. Epub 2020 Nov 21. Manas Nath, Odayappan A, Tripathy K, Krishnamurthy P, Nachiappan S.