What are benefits of Lasik Eye Surgery in India?
May 10, 2023 by asgeyehospital blogs0
What are Benefits of Lasik Eye Surgery in India?
LASIK (Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis) is a surgical procedure that uses a laser to reshape the cornea of the eye, correcting refractive errors such as near-sightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
For people with Different types of vision problems, LASIK can offer specific benefits:
- Near-sightedness LASIK can correct near-sightedness (myopia) by reshaping the cornea to improve distance vision.
Farsightedness: LASIK can correct farsightedness (hyperopia) by reshaping the cornea to improve near vision.
Astigmatism: LASIK can correct astigmatism by reshaping the cornea to improve overall vision clarity.
Presbyopia: LASIK is less effective for treating presbyopia, the age-related loss of near vision. However, some patients with presbyopia may benefit from a technique called monovision, in which one eye is corrected for distance vision and the other is corrected for near vision.
Here are some of the benefits of LASIK surgery:
- Improved Vision: LASIK can improve visual acuity, reducing or even eliminating the need for glasses or contact lenses. Patients report clearer, sharper vision and an enhanced quality of life.
- Quick Recovery: LASIK is a relatively quick and painless procedure. Most patients are able to resume their normal activities within a day or two of surgery.
- Long-Lasting Results: LASIK is a permanent solution for vision correction. Although vision can change over time due to aging or other factors, the results of LASIK are typically long-lasting.
- Safety: LASIK is a safe and effective procedure with a low risk of complications. Serious complications are rare, and most can be treated successfully if they do occur.
- LASIK has many benefits, including correct vision. Around 97% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement can further increase this number.
- LASIK is associated with very little pain because of the numbing drops that are used.
- Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the day after LASIK.
- No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
- Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
- After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
If You Interested in Lasik Surgery Call on This No. 1800 1200 111